Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Bad Rabbit














I finally broke into the Medford market with the Bathtub Gin Serenaders last Friday. The report from the floor was that our first song was fantastic and everything went rapidly downhill from there, which is kind of how it felt onstage. I'm not discouraged. We've only been playing together for a few weeks and this material is not easy. This ain't folk music, we do a song in A flat for god's sake. I can't fake my way through this shit; it takes work and I've been slacking.

I'm playing with Jon and Jesse at an art gallery tomorrow, a completely different set of songs with their own challenges, and which I haven't rehearsed nearly as much as I should. Bad, bad rabbit. Ah, but my old friends will be pleased to hear that we're going to play the Grateful Dead song Till the Morning Comes. I typed the song title into Google and got hits for the Dead, Neil Young, Roberta Flack, Paul Anka, and Tindersticks. Now that would be a show.

No comments: