Sunday, December 4, 2011

Carolling

Hamfist played two shows on Friday, one right after another; I had blisters on my fingers by the end of the night. I wore all Christmas finery and rocked some carols. I loves me some Christmas carols. It was a late night, but I had to be back in town on Saturday by 2 pm to vacuum and decorate the Studio for Lynn Ramey's retirement party. At 6, I helped lead a parade in her honor from the Bricks to the Studio. I managed to hang on until about 10 pm, when I drove home on an icy road and fell into bed. Jumped up this morning and headed back to town; I found myself onstage at the Medford Armory at 11 a.m. playing and singing Christmas carols with Ila Selene. She can't play an instrument, so it was just my sad little mandolin and our two voices. We had not rehearsed any of these songs and I couldn't find my Christmas music after the Friday gigs. It was a recipe for disaster. However, she managed to coax a half dozen kids onstage to sing and dance, so no-one gave a shit about me, they were totally entranced by the kids. I was the back up band for the pre-school set; it was beyond cute.



No comments: