Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Message from the Cosmos #2: 444

In the last two days, the number 444 has popped up twice.  Yesterday, I got change in the amount of 4:44. Today in the office when only us worker bees were left at the end of the day, my colleague joked that I had the authority to send everyone home. "Great. I'm calling it.  Time of death - -4:44."

What's the significance? Nothing. That doesn't stop me from nosing around.

First, our old friend the Bible

John 4:44 - For Jesus himself has testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country.

Ain't it the truth?

My pal Isaiah, 44:3 - I will pour out water on the thirsty land and streams on the dry ground. I will pour out my spirit on your offspring and my blessing on your descendants.  44:4 - And they will spring up among the grass like poplars by streams of water.

You can always count on Isaiah for beauty.

Genesis 44:4 - They had not gone far from the city when Joseph said to his steward, "Go after those men at once and when you catch up to them, say to the, "Why have you repaid good with evil."

Good question, Joe.

In history, the year 444 was the year of the Consulship of Theodosius and Aginatius, whatever the hell that was.

According to a several of woo-woo spiritual psychic type sites, 444 means that angels are around me, watching me, trying to get my attention.  OK, I'm listening.

4:44 is the name of a truly terrible movie starring William Dafoe about the last day on earth. I watched it, or at least most of it, and it was stunningly bad.

444 megahertz would be a sharp A note, and I tend to tune a little sharp.

Interstate 444 is a circle route around Tulsa. I've passed through Tulsa a couple of times, maybe I've driven on it. Louisiana Highway 444 runs from French Settlement through Verdun and ends at Killian. That sounds like a nice drive. There's a highway 444 in Montana, Maryland, New York...

The gene ID'd as 444 is called asparatate beta hydroxilase. It is thought to play an important role in calcium homeostasis. I have no idea what that means, but I take calcium for leg cramps.

There is a 444 caliber rifle that is a mean looking weapon.

In numerology, 444 is 4+4+4 = 12 and 1+2 = 3. So, in a totally illogical way, 444 = 3 which, as we all know, is a magic number; so says School House Rock and if you can't trust School House Rock, what can you trust?

Maybe 444 means that I'm 2/3 Devil because 2/3 or 666 is 444.

And then there is the 444 theory:



I haven't the foggiest what they are talking about, but that's enough silliness for one night. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.





No comments: