Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Impeccable

Be impeccable with your word.  I'm pretty good with that, most of the time.  The occasional impetuous curse, complaint or judgement slips out, but I've gotten better about guarding my mouth.  I have had no luck in guarding my thoughts; if the command was to be impeccable with your thoughts, I'd be sunk. My brain is like an anthill that some bully boy has kicked open. It writhes with random, uncontrollable thoughts. I'm working toward  a sense order, peace, impeccability in my thoughts, but I won't achieve that in this lifetime. Right now, I'm just trying to acknowledge the chaos, recognize the negative, damaging thoughts when they pop up and learn to gently let them go. Today, for instance, I walked into the office to find scattered messes everywhere. Some of my colleagues spread a project out across the office and didn't clean it up at the end of the day. My irritation was followed by judgement; if I left out a mess like that, believe me I would hear about it from the bosses. But I recognized those thoughts as ungenerous and counterproductive and let them go.  What do I care? I hid in my little corner and turned my back on their crap.   

These guardian thoughts adds yet another layer of thought to the already crowded field in my brain.  It's getting pretty tight up in there; something is bound to blow.

As for guarding my heart? Not in this lifetime. The best I can hope for is to learn how to better control the outward manifestation of the inner chaos.

No comments: