Friday, December 28, 2018

New Year, Old Year

For some reason, I thought 2018 was an uneventful year. I was wrong. 

Some highlights
  • 2018 marked the first time in more than 20 years I didn’t work for the Shakespeare Festival, ending a relationship that began in 1974. My heart is broken but mending.  No regrets Coyote.
  • Submitted more than 30 job applications and went on at least 10 interviews.
  • Started a new job in an entirely new industry and haven’t fucked it up totally yet.
  • Evacuated my home in front of a wild fire.
  • Worked with my friend and nutrition coach Pam Christy for several months.  Made a lot of progress and then back slid, as is my pattern.  I’m back at it again with new tools to help me achieve my health goals.
  • Started taking spin class at the Y with my old pal Jean Taylor.  I love it. It kicks my ass in a good way.
  • Nursed my pup through a broken leg. We will reach the end of our 12 week journey soon.
  • Accepted the donation of a 15 foot tall statue.  We have a giant erection in our future friends.
  • Played lots of shows with the Serenaders, including my favorite Green Show ever.  Little kids got up on stage and danced with us. it was heaven.
  • Resisted the reactionary in the White House by writing, marching, singing, speaking out. We progressives must get past our petty differences and work together to defeat the maniac and his minions.
  • Canceled the Camp Out for the first time. My apologies campers. May we gather again in 2019.








No comments: