Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CAMP OUT DATES - but wait, there's more

Greetings Campers,

I love you all so much, but trying to get you people together is like herding cats, I swear afore Jesus.

Here’s where we stand:

Jeff & Ruthe can really only make it the weekend of June 19-21. They drive all the way from Utah, a family of four and all their gear in a car for two days, an awesome feat. Dutch and Katherine can make the 19-21st work. I haven’t heard from Pete, but I’d love to see Lauren, Claire and Sierra get together one more time before they head off to high school. Those girls are special to me. Ruthe was pregnant with Lauren at the very first camp out. Jim, Hope & Sky have agreed to make the 19-21st work, and they are OC (original campers.) So I think the right thing to do is to schedule the camp out for that weekend. Sunday, June 21 is both Fathers Day and the Summer Solstice; how beautiful is that?

HOWEVER – we will be Ham-Free that weekend. Ezra cannot attend on June 19-21. Joe, Jesse and the other OSF scene shop folks cannot attend on June 19-21, and I suspect Jimmy will only be around during the evenings. This is the second year in a row that I’ve shut out Joe and I’m feeling pretty crappy about it. Plus, Matt Feltz and Carolyn cannot attend that weekend. So, the camp out may be a smaller affair this year. It’s hard to say how many people will show up.

It is what it is my friends. We do what we can. I’m open to hosting a dinner in the Colestin on June 13 and hosting camping parties later in the season.

No comments: