Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jane & Paloma Join Hands






Our beloved Jane and Paloma jumped the broom.














































































































































































We had us a good old fashioned hippie handfasting on the South Umpqua last weekend. The last time I was in Tiller, I was pregnant with Arly; that's how long it has been since I was in that neck of the woods. I'd forgotten the mossy, ferny waterfalls, the deep blue pools, the rock channels in the river bottom. It's quintessentially Cascadian and pretty as a picture postcard. Jane and Paloma have one of the nicest spreads I've ever visited in Southern Oregon (and I've visited some pretty nice spreads), an old hunting camp at the confluence of Jackson Creek and the South Umpqua. The shady campground stretches along the bank above the creek, mere steps from hot rocks and dipping holes. The clover lawn was so lush and cushy I walked around barefoot all weekend. A big pole pavilion, maybe 30' x 50', covers a full outdoor kitchen with electricity, running water, stove and fridge. It's downright civilized, and unbelievably beautiful.

The wedding was just as beautiful, if not more so. Jane and Paloma are so well suited, it's like they've been together forever. Energetically, one picks up where the other leaves off, and vice versa. It's a cliché, but one that bears repeating: they complete each other. Those of us who've loved Jane for a long time know that there's no-one on the planet who deserves happiness more than she does. The universe provided in a big way. It does my heart good, campers. Gives me hope for the future when I think of those two women tending their garden in Tiller.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.