Friday, February 5, 2010

Another evening in Paradise

Hamfist is playing at Alex's tonight, a bar above the Ashland Plaza. I'm not nervous but am full of...anticipation. It's a real boozy bar crowd that wants to drink, dance, hoot and holler. That's usually right up our alley, but it has been many months since we played for that kind of crowd. Gotta be loud, fast, and out of control. We're bringing Punk Rock Girl, White Wedding, Blues My Naughty Sweetie, all our raucous tunes. We haven't been playing this material recently, so lord only knows how well we pull it off tonight.

Plus, what am I going to WEAR? At my age, there isn't much that looks good on me AND looks good onstage. Sigh... if I had one wish, I'd wish for the body that I had at age 17 paired with the brain I have now.

Then again, maybe not. That would be downright dangerous.

No comments: