Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Peek a Boo

Someone asked me today why I haven’t posted in awhile.
Aw… I didn’t know you cared.

Frankly, I didn’t think anyone actually read this blog. I thought this was an exercise in self-involvement; mental masturbation if you will. Now that I know yer out there, I’ll watch my mouth.

Kidding.

Let’s see, what’s happening that I can report on? There were nine, count ‘em NINE homeless hippies camped out in the meadow last week. How they got here is a long story involving my brother-in-law’s ex-wife’s step-son (how’s that for six degrees of separation?) Suffice it to say they were unexpected, but charming. Every last one of them was “cute as a button, dumb as a trout” as my friend Eric says. So sure of themselves, so certain that the world is cleanly divided into black or white, right or wrong. They have yet to discover the gray areas, but the life has a cure for that particular malady, doesn’t it?

I remember certainty. I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now.

Starting Saturday, here’s my schedule for next week:
Saturday morning – BTGS plays the Farmer’s Market (talk about incongruous…)
Saturday afternoon – Brenda’s wedding
Sunday morning – drive to Tiller
Monday afternoon – drive home
Tuesday morning – work
Tuesday afternoon – see American Night
Tuesday evening – rehearse with Hamfist
Tuesday later evening – rehearse with One Night Band
Wednesday morning – work
Wednesday evening – Hamfist plays the Green Show
Thursday work
Friday – Hamfist plays Tease
Saturday – collapse in a heap.

Pray for me campers, I think I’m in for a bumpy ride.

No comments: