Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thanks

Another Colestine Camp Out is in the books, campers.

It's amazing to me how far you travel, how hard you work to make this event happen.

Anything worth having is worth working for and anything worth doing is worth doing well, right? Apparently, each of us has made the decision that this weekend is worth having and worth doing well.

I often say that this blog is a cheap form of therapy for me. The camp out is another form of therapy. By the time I was 18 I had attended two elementary schools, two jr. high schools and two high schools. Between the ages of 18-30 I lived in more places than I can count. I never put down roots until I landed on this piece of land 16 years ago. We have gathered 17 times in 16 years; that represents some very deep roots to a peripatetic creature like me.

So, thank you. Thank you for travelling, thank you for contributing, thank you for caring. Thank you for the work, thank you for the fun. Thank you for making this happen, thank you for making me feel like I belong to something larger.

Sequoia and I, we are only caretakers; you make the magic happen.

More pictures to follow in the days to come.










No comments: