Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dreaming of a White Easter?

Another April night, another glittering layer of frozen snow accumulating on the back deck. I've woken to snow almost every day this month and April is a week gone.  Tonight was amazing. The finest, faintest flakes sparked the tip of my nose as I floated in the hot tub. The full moon rising from behind a moving, misty cloudbank, the lilac sky alive with drifting ice crystals. The snow wasn't falling from the clouds; I could see stars in the sky, Mars rising overhead, Venus off to the east.  The warm spring sun heats the earth, moisture rises to meet the low lying current of cold air that just traveled in from the Arctic. Crystals precipitate out of a clear sky and float to earth. Convection and precipitation, right?  I seem to remember that from school.   


My energy has been at ebb recently and I'm ready for a spring tide.  If you believe in that kind of thing,  the astrologers say Mercury moved out of retrograde today and went direct. Time for the log jam to break.

No comments: