Monday, April 30, 2012

2012 Menu, Part One

Yes, we’re already talking about food. And yes, I’ve put on a few pounds over the years; why do you ask?

I’d like to reprise the Friday Fish Feed. It was so nice to start the weekend with a delicious, healthy meal that filled us up without weighing us down.   I will purchase a whole salmon and request Uncle Dogboy’s help on the grill.  Salads, sides, potatoes and corn on the cob would be nice additions.
I know this is going to break many hearts, but we have decided to retire the Siskiyou tacos from the menu this year. Yup, no pulled pork and fry bread. Indeed, I am calling a moratorium on deep frying; well, unless Sequoia gets a wild hair and decides to make beignets for breakfast. 

With the retirement of the Siskiyou tacos, I am seeking a new menu headliner for Saturday night. Highlights from past menus include regular tacos (as opposed to the Siskiyou variety), pasta, egg rolls (more deep frying), and mixed grill.   I don’t think we should plan on a main course of pizza.   The outdoor oven still needs some work. It can definitely crank out a couple of casseroles, but it may not be up to the challenge of baking pizza for 50.
Any suggestions for our Saturday feast? 

No comments: