Wednesday, May 9, 2012

2012 Menu Part 2

I met with our beloved Dog Boy recently, who thinks our best bet for Saturday night is the ever-popular MIXED GRILL.  Dueling Webbers, various proteins and carbohydrates – what’s not to love?  I’ll make a big pot of something hearty and vegetarian.  Maybe chili?  As you all have probably figured out by now, I am not a cook.  My role in the camp out is chief instigator and bottle washer.  I create the space, issue the invitations and then sit back and let it all happen. Once the fun is done, I clean.  My culinary contributions have never progressed far beyond the buying of groceries.  Truth is, I’m not a culinarian.  My one signature dish, if you can call it that, is the perennial favorite “bit pot o’ something.” Soup, stew, chili, I can cook anything that involves chopping a bunch of stuff and throwing it into a pot. 

I do like the title "chief instigator." A priestess opens a ritual by calling the spirits and raising the power.  After the magic happens, she releases the spirits and closes the circle. I raise the power and close the circle, noble responsibilities.  Yeah, I’ll accept that.

No comments: