Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dog Boy Speaks

Your fearless moderator shamelessly copied the following from an email from Lowell to Ruthe:













Hi Ruthe,
Steph forwarded me your email askin' questions about campout fixin's. To date, this is how I respond, Answers are not necessarily in the order you asked...

Yup. I'll be there.

Sequoia says the oven needs work. I've seen it. It needs new paint. There are some masonry issues to address also. To me they look minor but I am one ignorant fool when it comes to masonry. My guess is, though, that the oven will be functional come hoohaw time.

Until your inquiry, only I have been talking about food. I've been askin' around, puttin' out ideas. The first thing I ask anyone is, "What do you want to eat?" To date, I've asked the question three times and got the same answer: pulled pork, sweet-sour slaw and frybread. What do you all think? What all are you hungry for? What do your kids want to eating? Got any wild ideas? Got any tame ones? Let me know...

Some facts:

Joe Porto won't be there. I hesitate to do pizza without him 'cause he really is the master. I can suck this one up if I have to...

Don't know if the Swildo will make it yet or not. I think he will. If he does show up with his Webber I can do pulled pork (can only do 2 whole porkbutts, 17 to 18 pounds "wet", on one grill. 17 pounds cooked of that stuff is but an appetizer. I really need the second grill. A third would be sybaritic largess...

Finally, my ringer. Jimmy and Hope will be there. I've asked Jimmy if he can do a Hog Island run for me. Haven't heard whether he can do this or not. Stay tuned on this one. All I can say now is one night's repast won't be dependent on oysters being the main show. They are a wild card at this point and will be fit in as such.

I hope you all are doing well. Reply and I will too.

Peace,

Lowell

No comments: