Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Menu Update: Dogboy Speaks, Stephany Replies

Howdy Campers,

Nuthin' but favorites for dinner this time around...

Friday Night... Pizza.






Imagine that...

I'll bring enough dough for 48 12 to 14 inch thin crust pizzas. You bring sauces and toppings. Or salad fixin's. Pizza and salad make a good Friday evening meal.

You can also bring or make dough if you want. The weekend is long and we do have a wood-fired oven at our disposal. It will get used...

Saturday Night... The Whole Hog








I'm not kidding. The Swildo is gonna teach me some BBQ pit techniques. Together, he and I will serve: Siskyou tacos.

One taco consists of:

Pork of some sort of BBQ'ed and pulled variety
A heap of sweet-sour slaw
And a piece of fry bread.

Got one side so far: Steph's (who's buying a pork-butt!!!) sweet beans

Also got an appetizer: Doctor Lovil has is hauling up a heap o' Hog Island Oysters. Our agreement seems to be, "he brings 'em, I burn em". Don't know how many he's bringing. Would expect at least 200. 500 wouldn't surprise me in the least.

As condiments for the oysters I'll provide:

Garlic butter
Fresh lemon: sliced in squeezable wedges
Hot sauce

What you gonna bring? An Appetite? YES! Other than that, I dunno... Your favorite oyster condiment? Favorite BBQ side? Fruit? Dessert? All ideas welcome. Bring any or none...

Sunday Night is, as always, leftover night. The prayer before that meal is, "May the Goddess provide more than an ear of corn on a hotdog bun for Sequoia to eat and may she protect us all".

Peace,

Lowell


Stephany raises her eyebrow dubiously

Greetings friends,
Got this email from Dogboy tonight and posted it fast before it started dripping cholesterol all over my keyboard.

I would be proud and honored to buy Lowell a pork butt (is that too much information?) He's too proud to beg, but I happen to know he needs a couple of extra pizza pans. Please let me know if you can bring one so I can get a rough count.

Rain is pounding on the roof tonight campers, good news indeed. We rarely get a drenching rain at this point in the season. Regardless, chances are that fire season will start before the camp out. As always, we will need to be extremely conscious about our fires and probably only light them at night. That might make firing the oven a challenge, but I know we are equal to the task; we always are.

Three weeks friends.
steph

No comments: