Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weather Report

Have I mentioned that I can’t control the weather? Would that I could.

It's too soon for an accurate weather guess for the camp out weekend, but here's what we know: It has been a very wet, gray spring. Rainfall totals for our little piece of paradise are currently 3” above normal for this time of year and it's supposed to rain all this week. Sequoia and I spent the weekend weed-whacking, raking, and burning piles of pine needles. I don’t believe we have ever been able to legally burn piles this late in the year.

The good news: We can have a HUGE campfire this year. We are investing in new tarps to string over the kitchen and the deck. I’m going to ask the lovely Louise to bring her pop up shelter to put over the picnic tables. Sequoia has been cutting firewood like a mad man. I believe we will stay dry and warm in the meadow.

If worse comes to worse, we’ll camp in my living room and take turns squeezing into the hot tub. It’ll be a hippie slumber party.

No comments: