Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Good Stuff


The last month was incredibly intense, but the good stuff was really, really good. My favorite time in December was the quiet week spent with my beloved girl Arly.   We toured wedding venues in a snow storm, played foster parents to Brown Dog, giggled at bad TV and generally had the loveliest time I can imagine. That girl is such a joy, such a shining light in the world.
Also among the good stuff: Kiva’s promotion to Kitchen Manager at Hamburger Mary’s.  That girl has some mad skills in the kitchen.  She does everything from fine dining to breakfast short order cooking.  She does the ordering, makes the schedule, manages a staff and generally makes the trains run on time.  She is powerhouse. Now, if she can just get her living situation worked out...
Both of my daughters are amazing forces for good in the world.  I love them more than I can say.

No comments: