Thursday, May 8, 2008

Colestine Campout

Greetings Friends,
After toying with the idea of creating Facebook and MySpace pages, I've decided that perhaps a BLOG is the best way for us to communicate about the camp out as a group. If I understand the technology correctly, anyone can log in and post a comment to this blog; you don't have to join a social network and receive dozens of "pokes" or whatever the hell they're called, in your in box.

I could be wrong; it wouldn't be the first time.

I’m using this venue to initiate a discussion about our little piece of heaven at the confluence of Cottonwood and Mill Creek. I feel strongly that one cannot “own” 147 acres of forest (the tax man disagrees.) Jimmy, Konnie, Sequoia and I are caretakers, as is anyone who loves the land. The more people who visit, the more people who fall in love with the land; the more people who fall in love, the more people who have a stake in keeping the land healthy and protected. That has to be a good thing?

So, my first question is, what can we do to expand our community and create more caretakers for the land?

1 comment:

The Great and Terrible Kiva said...

If you've got a gmail account, you already have a blogger account. And who doesn't have a gmail account these days?

People need to keep bringing their friends who are cool to the campout. None of the lame ones, though, like that weird guy from accounting always searching through his pockets for his keys or the sloppy drunk who buys you beers on Thursdays when you stop off at the bar rather than going home and doing the dishes because damn it, you're allowed to have a life too and-

...wait, what?

Oh right. As I was saying: Your cool friends! Invite them! Especially if they like camping, and play music, and like good food. Especially your cool friends with cool kids! I love seeing all the families come together. It's part of the community that raised me, after all, and I'm awesome. Who wouldn't want their child to grow up to be like me?

Anyway, the blog is a sweet idea, and I approve.