Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Morning

I hope to post pictures of the new oven foundation later this week. It's pretty darn cool looking. I hope we've chosen a good spot for the fire ring; there was a long discussion.

Catherine asked: "Dutch and I were wondering, you meant becoming a part of Colestine's community, right? We always dream of "buying" a little piece of inland property. A summer get away. A place to grow tomatoes! We're not sure that's what you meant. We'd love to be additional caretakers of Colestine and not just because of the killer disc golf course!!!!"

A Colestin time-share? Now that's thinking. I wonder if we could do it? I suspect the bureaucrats at the county seat would object. Oregon has notoriously strict land use laws; we aren't even supposed to have two homesites on the property (which is a story in itself.) But, I wonder if we could get away with an undisclosed "guest cabin" on the property.

I guess I meant "community" in a more spiritual way. What can I tell ya, I'm an old hippie.

1 comment:

Greg J. said...

Perhaps a covered walkway or tunnel between your houses might join them into what could legally be defined as a single "home site?"
Hmmmm...
How about a communal tent or other temporary structure for timeshare caretakers to bivouac??? Just keep it to barter exchange sans cash, reduce the likelyhood of bureaucracies getting involved.
Hmmmm...
At least plant a tree on Arbor Day, people!
;)