Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Life Along Cottonwood

Greetings Campers,
If you want to join this discussion but don’t want to open a Google account, send your comments and questions to me at stephanysp@gmail.com and I’ll post them to the blog.

Still struggling with the digital camera, which appears to have given up the ghost. I’ll have to confine myself to a written report. Progress continues in the meadow; the foundation for the oven is setting up nicely. I should clarify that that we won’t be able to fire the oven during the May 30-June 1 weekend; it will need to cure for at least a week before being fired. But, the campfire will be operational and we’ll have our crappy coleman stove in the kitchen. I’m pretty sure we won’t starve…

Uncle Dogboy is coming up with some menu suggestions that I’ll post here soon. He said something about Navajo tacos and roast yams. He roasted some yams up at Hyatt Lake last weekend and they were delicious.

The weather continues schizophrenic. Last weekend, temperatures in the valley topped 100 degrees. Today, the weather guesser is calling for snow flurries in the mountains. It has been a wacky weather year, friends. My best advice is to be prepared for extremes.

Kat’s question led me to think about what the word COMMUNITY means to me. We are a group of people who come together to share food, fun, music. The connection feels like community to me, but I’ve begun to question what I mean by that word. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: