Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CAMP OUT 09: HERE IT ALL STARTS

Now that my 14 hour days are done and I’m back to “normal” life (as normal as life gets in the Colestin, which ain’t very) I'm ready to start thinking about the camp out. This will be big number 15. Hard to believe.

Mr. Green's recent escapades has prompted some soul searching about mundane issues like LIABILITY, which I will address in later posts. Despite my newfound paranoia, I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel.

I am NOT available to host a camp out on these dates:

JUNE 6-7: I’ll be in Arkansas interring my father’s ashes. Yes, he’s been dead for three years but, in what I can only assume was his final f-you to the universe, he donated his body to medical science. The medical school recently released his purported ashes for burial. (I have my doubts as to the authenticity of their provenance, but really, what does it matter?) We’re taking them to Arkansas to bury alongside my mother. As Uncle Buck said, shouldn’t take no more ‘n 3 or 4 licks with a post hole digger.

JUNE 20: Joe’s out of town, and I can’t face another camp out without him

JUNE 27-28 JANE’S GETTING MARRIED! That’s right, our own beloved Jane is getting hitched to her partner, spouse, and the love of her life Paloma. Wild horses couldn’t keep me away.

So, that almost completely rules out June, which is not so bad considering. I’m wide open in July. The first Saturday in July is the 4th, which is usually not a good option, but hey, I’m game if you are. Please send me the weekends you are NOT available in July and I’ll start compiling.

No comments: